Revit Architecture

Mentor
MKEllis
Message 1 of 3 (267 Views)
Accepted Solution

A few queries on Mass Models, Mass Floors & Schedules

267 Views, 2 Replies
12-12-2013 02:16 PM

I've been working with mass modelling for pretty well the first time, and have a few queries.

I've blocked up a mass model with 4 main blocks and a central circulation area (See attached images).

My first query - is it possible to set the colours for floors in each block to be coloured the same ? - I can use overide graphics to select an element (or selection of elements) and set surface pattern to solid / colour. But is there a way of doing this automatically by setting a colour for a specific mass and having all mass floors coloured from that ? or following a colour legend ?

Secondly - I'm sure I've done this before, but I can't seem to repeat it. I would like the mass floors to schedule to be set-out as per "Desired-Table.jpg" below (ie with totals by block and by level along the bottom and right-hand side respectively). Instead, I currently have "Revit-Schedule.jpg". Is it possible to combine them as I am trying to do ? I could use two separate schedules, but I would prefer the info to be presented on a single table.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Many thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

about your first question,try using Filters :

1.  View > Filters > New >Filter Name - call it somehow (blockA in my case) -Define Criteria > Filters -Categories -check Mass (and unhide uncheked categories) > Filter Rules >Filter by:Family Name -equals =blockA >OK..OK
  2. Repeat steps for blocks B...D
  3. In 3d View >Visibility/Graphics Overrides >Filters >Add Filter - load blocks A...D filters - and change the Project/Surface-Patterns

Image 1.png

as for the second question .....maybe you can remeber how you did it. All I could  realize is in the next image:

Image 2.png

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)

Re: A few queries on Mass Models, Mass Floors & Schedules

12-12-2013 11:55 PM in reply to: MKEllis

Hi Martin,

about your first question,try using Filters :

1.  View > Filters > New >Filter Name - call it somehow (blockA in my case) -Define Criteria > Filters -Categories -check Mass (and unhide uncheked categories) > Filter Rules >Filter by:Family Name -equals =blockA >OK..OK
  2. Repeat steps for blocks B...D
  3. In 3d View >Visibility/Graphics Overrides >Filters >Add Filter - load blocks A...D filters - and change the Project/Surface-Patterns

Image 1.png

as for the second question .....maybe you can remeber how you did it. All I could  realize is in the next image:

Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Mentor
MKEllis
Message 3 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: A few queries on Mass Models, Mass Floors & Schedules

12-13-2013 02:51 AM in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Thanks Constantin,

The filter works quite well - Ideally I would like to set a colour legend up to break the mass model up to identify each block - but I might just wait until converting the floors and using colour fills. In the meantime the filter approach works.

I might be wrong on the schedule - but I thought I had set one up before that had totals for both columns and rows - maybe it's just the use of the individual block names as columns/fields that throws it out. Another possibility is that I am remembering a schedule that I took into EXCEL and re-arranged it.

I'll play a bit more with the schedule.

Thanks

Martin

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.