Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few images from Revit 7 - shell 3

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
203 Views, 8 Replies

A few images from Revit 7 - shell 3

Here are a few images from things we've been building in Revit 7. This is just a fun little charrette we did... Look for more info next week... Just a couple teaser images for now ! matt jezyk product designer autodesk revit A trippy look up through the shell:
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

ummm....Frank, I mean, Mr. Gehry? We has some software that might interest you..... OMG!!!!!!! "matt jezyk [autodesk]" wrote in message news:415de12d_1@newsprd01... Here are a few images from things we've been building in Revit 7. This is just a fun little charrette we did... Look for more info next week... Just a couple teaser images for now ! matt jezyk product designer autodesk revit A trippy look up through the shell:
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Gehry is making his own flavor of Catia that he will sell. They say it will manage the whole design process information, not just drawings. "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:415de4bf_1@newsprd01... ummm....Frank, I mean, Mr. Gehry? We has some software that might interest you..... OMG!!!!!!! "matt jezyk [autodesk]" wrote in message news:415de12d_1@newsprd01... Here are a few images from things we've been building in Revit 7. This is just a fun little charrette we did... Look for more info next week... Just a couple teaser images for now ! matt jezyk product designer autodesk revit A trippy look up through the shell:
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

What do you mean 'manage the design process'? Revit manages much more than 'just drawings.' Also, Catia already costs major $$$$, Gehry's version will be very expensive. "Rafael Alvarez" wrote in message news:416075dc_2@newsprd01... Gehry is making his own flavor of Catia that he will sell. They say it will manage the whole design process information, not just drawings. "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:415de4bf_1@newsprd01... ummm....Frank, I mean, Mr. Gehry? We has some software that might interest you..... OMG!!!!!!! "matt jezyk [autodesk]" wrote in message news:415de12d_1@newsprd01... Here are a few images from things we've been building in Revit 7. This is just a fun little charrette we did... Look for more info next week... Just a couple teaser images for now ! matt jezyk product designer autodesk revit A trippy look up through the shell:
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry, posted again without clipping the old message. "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:41616a6f_3@newsprd01... What do you mean 'manage the design process'? Revit manages much more than 'just drawings.'
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I mean it will have a client database, sketch and submittal logs, shop drawing logs, project correspondence, etc. Revit is still managing just the drawing or design aspect of the project. Gehry wants to deal with the project as a whole.
Message 7 of 9
Steve_Stafford

You said: "...have a client database, sketch and submittal logs, shop drawing logs, project correspondence, etc...."

I'm not sure "we" are best served with all of these as part of the domain of design software. Perhaps some...

For this software to take on this additional "responsibility" it also implies that all design creation/documentation issues are "resolved" and "we" can afford to re-direct resources toward tasks apart from design and documentation.

And "dealing with the project as a whole"...what about the Firm or Practice as a whole? A firm is not one project...

It is all "just" data, but I'm not sure that "we" need or want Revit to manage it directly. My preference would be to link client/consultant data from a corporate database and conversely to link relevant data from Revit to such a DB. Thus extending the value of both infrastructure through connectivity.

But then such paradigm changing and visionary ideas are usually difficult to accept...we'll see I guess.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

One of my old Revit students was an ex-Catia user from IBM. He was telling & showing me some stuff about Catia. It's surprising how similar they are, Revit & Catia, when you get under the hood so to speak. But they work very differently. Catia is completely modular, with little packages that work together to do different tasks. So, for example, if you're only going to be making flat things, like sheet metal work & brackets and such, you only need certain modules, but if you're going to be doing airplanes, you'll need a different collection of modules altogether. Frank's office apparently has been customizing and modifying Catia for years and years, and now they are teaming up with IBM to make those ad-hock inner-office things into actual products for other Architects. So what I'm guessing is that there will be a couple of Catia Architect 'modules' that are for different common tasks within our industry, and you'll be able to mix & match them to your hearts content. I think Catia's step into the AEC market will be an interesting one, however keep in mind that Catia is still *very* expensive (you have to pay for all those modules separately, and they aren't cheap), and *very* complex. Catia has always been a 'big gun' if you will, and the only reason Frank's office uses it as they do is because it was the only thing out there 15 years ago that could do what they wanted to do. I doubt too many 'typical' Architect offices, from one to fifty people, will ever really touch Catia IMHO. Jeffrey Steve_Stafford wrote: > You said: "...have a client database, sketch and submittal logs, shop drawing logs, project correspondence, etc...." > > I'm not sure "we" are best served with all of these as part of the domain of design software. Perhaps some... > > It is all "just" data, but I'm not sure that "we" need or want Revit to manage it directly. My preference would be to link client/consultant data from a corporate database and conversely to link relevant data from Revit to such a DB. Thus extending the value of both infrastructure through connectivity. > > But then such paradigm changing and visionary ideas are usually difficult to accept...we'll see I guess.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

In our office we analyse and implement designsystems for other companies [among other things] because we have experts in IT, Design and technology. In our opinion it's absolutely the most efficient to seperate the 'physical' from the 'abstract' - In effect, to only attach object properties to objects [form, size, material, place] but not the process data [year of installation, contractor, revenue etc..] these to ARE linked 1:1 but in real life you will need to adjust things. It would be totally inefficient to have to change things that are just plain info, unrelated to the object inside a software which is largest part a BIM [the word says it all - it's 'only' building information] I'm very curious to see Catia's solutions though [thanx Jeffrey for explaining about Catia].. Who knows we'll need to review our ideas all together, for now we stand by the seperation idea.. with good reasons I'd say. my 2cts "Steve_Stafford" schreef in bericht news:13875782.1096920402310.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > You said: "...have a client database, sketch and submittal logs, shop drawing logs, project correspondence, etc...." > > I'm not sure "we" are best served with all of these as part of the domain of design software. Perhaps some... > > It is all "just" data, but I'm not sure that "we" need or want Revit to manage it directly. My preference would be to link client/consultant data from a corporate database and conversely to link relevant data from Revit to such a DB. Thus extending the value of both infrastructure through connectivity. > > But then such paradigm changing and visionary ideas are usually difficult to accept...we'll see I guess.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report