Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few images from Revit 7 - building maker

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
175 Views, 11 Replies

A few images from Revit 7 - building maker

Here are a few more images from buildings we've been working on in Revit 7. Look for more info next week... Just a couple teaser images for now before the weekend starts ! We have been hard at work for quite a while now and have listened to the community of architects and engineers that use our products. In general, all of us here at the Factory are pretty excited about Revit 7. More later.... matt jezyk product designer autodesk revit Conceptual Form Making -> Building Maker Attachment not added (too many attachments): "mass 2d plan 6.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "building maker - mass.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "building maker - floors.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "building maker - shell bigger.gif"
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hmmm....building maker, huh??? That football shape is really interesting! Again in this image..... shadows! C'mon, just email me the download link....I wont tell anyone! Can you tell us anything about the shell-shaped building in the marketing info for Revit on Autodesk's website??? "matt jezyk [autodesk]" wrote in message news:415dddfa_3@newsprd01... Here are a few more images from buildings we've been working on in Revit 7. Look for more info next week... Just a couple teaser images for now before the weekend starts ! We have been hard at work for quite a while now and have listened to the community of architects and engineers that use our products. In general, all of us here at the Factory are pretty excited about Revit 7. More later.... matt jezyk product designer autodesk revit Conceptual Form Making -> Building Maker Attachment not added (too many attachments): "mass 2d plan 6.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "building maker - mass.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "building maker - floors.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "building maker - shell bigger.gif"
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Ok....answered my own question! (patients, scott!) saw your 'shell' post! "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:415de0ad_3@newsprd01... hmmm....building maker, huh??? That football shape is really interesting! Again in this image..... shadows! C'mon, just email me the download link....I wont tell anyone! Can you tell us anything about the shell-shaped building in the marketing info for Revit on Autodesk's website??? "matt jezyk [autodesk]" wrote in message news:415dddfa_3@newsprd01... Here are a few more images from buildings we've been working on in Revit 7. Look for more info next week... Just a couple teaser images for now before the weekend starts ! We have been hard at work for quite a while now and have listened to the community of architects and engineers that use our products. In general, all of us here at the Factory are pretty excited about Revit 7. More later.... matt jezyk product designer autodesk revit Conceptual Form Making -> Building Maker Attachment not added (too many attachments): "mass 2d plan 6.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "building maker - mass.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "building maker - floors.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "building maker - shell bigger.gif"
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Way cool Matt. Looking forward to more. Are the different modes like the existing massing 'show shell' functionality so we can swap backwards and forwards between these different modes? I hope Autodesk have got some good Christmas presents lined up for the Factory:-) You certainly deserve them. Guy matt jezyk [autodesk] wrote: > Here are a few more images from buildings we've been working on in Revit 7. > > Look for more info next week... Just a couple teaser images for now > before the weekend starts ! > > We have been hard at work for quite a while now and have listened to the > community of architects and engineers that use our products. > > In general, all of us here at the Factory are pretty excited about Revit > 7. More later.... > > matt jezyk > product designer > autodesk revit > > > *Conceptual Form Making -> Building Maker* > > > >
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Scott, The images are great but try not to quote them back. "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:415de3ee_1@newsprd01... Ok....answered my own question! (patients, scott!) saw your 'shell' post!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

oops, sorry! not used to the NG stuff....i like the forums! :-) "Doug Broad" wrote in message news:415e14af_2@newsprd01... > Scott, > The images are great but try not to quote them back. > > "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:415de3ee_1@newsprd01... > Ok....answered my own question! (patients, scott!) saw your 'shell' post! > > > >
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Looks like we finally have an ellipse tool. Robert Witte
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

You've had an Ellipse tool since 6.0. "Architectural Staff" wrote in message news:416157fc$1_1@newsprd01... > Looks like we finally have an ellipse tool. > > Robert Witte >
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

I had a momentary thought before I posted that maybe I should double check first since I haven't needed to do an ellipse for some time. Then, of course, I thought why bother. Embarrassed... Slinking away... :) Scott Davis wrote: > You've had an Ellipse tool since 6.0. > > "Architectural Staff" wrote in message > news:416157fc$1_1@newsprd01... > >>Looks like we finally have an ellipse tool. >> >>Robert Witte >> > > >
Message 10 of 12
HVACEFM

Hi,

Perhaps you could give me an answer to a question I could not get answer yet. From white papers I understood that Revit is a parametric CAD tool. Is it possible to use Revit R? in Autodesk Building Systems 2005 in a parametric way?

thx
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Revit does not yet have full MEP capabilities, but will in the fututre. Revit will export to DWG or DXF, so you could use Revit drawings in Building Systems, but they would be simple 2D drawings with no intelligence. "HVACEFM" wrote in message news:21594606.1097056488599.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > Perhaps you could give me an answer to a question I could not get answer yet. From white papers I understood that Revit is a parametric CAD tool. Is it possible to use Revit R? in Autodesk Building Systems 2005 in a parametric way? > > thx
Message 12 of 12
HVACEFM

thx Scott,
could you perhaps name a white paper dealing with the issue in detail?
My basic desire is to have a few room types in parametric form available equipped with MEP ( office, kitchen,toilet,utilities) and adjust them parametrically to copy paste them as various buildings. The parametric changes should affect all the design. Is this possible yet?

thx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report