Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a family/mass/form challenge for all you experts out there! :)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
a06vsh
370 Views, 2 Replies

a family/mass/form challenge for all you experts out there! :)

I have a very specific form that i'm trying to create in revit and after hours of trying different ways around it I've sort of come to a dead end. My guess is some sort of sweep or loft, but I cant seem to find a way to get it all together. Hoping someone out there likes a challenge and has some neat way of solving it! 🙂

It's the corner of a table, where the leg meets the top frame. Both leg and fram are made of L-shaped steel profiles, the leg size is 35 x 35 mm and the frame 45 x 45 mm. The frame is also on a 45 degree angle. I've attached a photo that hopefully explains what it looks like.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kwhite
in reply to: a06vsh

I would try the following:

1- Extrude the angle leg piece vertically to the top of the horizontal pieces.

2) Extrude the angle table edge pieces horizontally so they intersect at the extreme corner intersection

3) Extrude a triangular void form in the vertical direction to subtract the offending horizontal pieces from the vertical segment interior

4) Extrude a horizontal triangular void for one of the horizontal pieces and subtract the offending vertical pieces and any potential offending pieces from the other horizontal member.

5) Repeat step 5 for the other horizontal member.

There may be some fine tuning needed to get all of the cleanups you want and no extra geometry artifacts, but I think the steps above will achieve what you desire.  

You could also use a sweep for the horizontal members to wrap the whole table top and then extrude the legs with void extrusion cleanups similar to the above steps.

I hope this helps.

Keith

Message 3 of 3
a06vsh
in reply to: kwhite

a bit late but:

thanks for the great reply, really helped me to get it the way i wanted it! 🙂  Keep forgetting to use voids...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report