Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max unable to link Revit files

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1062 Views, 7 Replies

3DS Max unable to link Revit files

I am trying to link a .rvt file saved in Revit 2015 to a new .max file in 3DS Max Design 2015.

However, once I navigate though the 'Link Revit' tab and selected my .rvt file the 'link revit view' window pops up telling me "Revit is not available"(as shown in attached image). I have left this window up four hours and it refuses to change. Why is this occuring?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hi is there anyway you can post the file to check or email to me? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

It does not seem to matter which file I use. I have experimented with just trying to link a simple model consisting of four walls, a door and some windows andthe problem still persists. I can still send this to you if you think there may be an issue with how the file is saved, but please note this issue is in no way exclusive to one particular file on my system. 

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

hi just want to try in my computer, revit link to 3ds max and will send back you the files and see what is the results. so we can start from there. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Please find the file attached below. This is exhibiting the same problem when I try to link it in 3DS

Message 6 of 8
ennujozlagam

Hi, I've tried to link the revit files to 3ds max and i didn't encountered any problem.

have you try to install all the updates? please find attached. thanks

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Are you able to send me an Autodesk link for these updates? My computer wont accept the file you have provided.

Attached is a screenshot of the updates I currently have installed. As far as I can tell I am fully up-to-date.

Message 8 of 8
ennujozlagam

hi what is the reason why you cannot open my attachment? what is the version of 3ds max you have? based on your posted jpeg it look like everything is installed?

anyways here is the link;

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads#?sort=score

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report