Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Ds Max 2013 Dosen't Import Revit Filles ???

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Scudaria
11609 Views, 10 Replies

3Ds Max 2013 Dosen't Import Revit Filles ???

I Installed 3Ds max Design 2013, and Revit 2013. When I tryed to link the Revit file directly into max, I had an error message saying that the "Autodesk Revit Interoperabilty for 3Dmax is not installed" ???

Isn't that suppose to be one of the new great features in 2013 version ??? 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
viktorik
in reply to: Scudaria

link and import are different things, I think linking is aviable in building suite, or if you install  Interoperabilty  ,that part, if it's aviable, it must be like a plugin for max if autodesk want to make it , I dont have 3dsmax yet...  (sorry for my bad english)

Message 3 of 11
vector2

I have a brand new fresh full version of
Revit 2013 and a brand new fresh full version
of 3Ds Max design, (Not tangled up with any
"suite" promotion). And it just sucked it right
into Max, no problems.

Message 4 of 11
Scudaria

Alright, Thank you guys, I will try to reinstall 3Dmax 2013,

maybe some features were not properly installed the first time.

PS: Autodesk 2013 is Just Great.

Did Anyone tryed to render an imported Revit File in 3Dmax with V-Ray?

Message 5 of 11
parveen.revit

our team tried some experiment with Revit 2013 and 3ds Max 2013 with Vray.

It requires some rework but the result was satisfactory.

The new feature of direct import of rvt into max will solve many problems.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 6 of 11
skratulla

I have a similar problem, when I try to link a revit file it takes so much time for the file to link-in that I have to dessist on any attempt to link my revit files, and I've tried linking projects created in revit 2013, I must mention that I'm using the student version, does this have anything to do? or do I need to get a more powerfull computer? I´m running both revit 2013 and 3ds 2013 on a gateway nv53a laptop with 6 gb ram. Thanks for any solution and for your time.

Message 7 of 11
parveen.revit
in reply to: skratulla

you didn't gave the information on file size of revit model.

If the file size if bigger and you have the option available, plz try on a workstaion (instead of laptop) with higher configuration.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 8 of 11
skratulla

The revit project has a 10000 kb size, it's just 4 walls and a floor, but 3ds max doesn't link any views created on this file, I have left it trying to link the revit views for 3 hours straight and nothing, I have tried linking multiple views from other projects and the resut is the same, the 3ds max preparing view status bar never loads completly. Is there anyone else having this problem???????

Message 9 of 11
brandon_francom
in reply to: skratulla

/\/\/\/\  I wish someone had already answered your question, because I have the same problem.  I downloaded the sudent versions of Revit 2013 and 3ds Max Design 2013 onto my 32bit laptop Toshiba Satellite.  However, when I tried to import a simple Revit file ( 4 walls only ) into 3ds Max, it just tried and tried until I just had to cancel.  Is the problem with the power of a 32 bit laptop 1.6GHz processor with 2 GB Ram?  Anyone?  I just spent some cash upgrading to Windows 7, so I could install 2013 versions on here for the promise of easy importing and transfer of information between the two softwares.  Anybody know the answer?

Message 10 of 11

Actualy I already found the solution by installing "Revit  Interoperabilty" you can google it, it's available for download from autodesk site. After that, 3D max imported all Revit files.

But, if you have a weak laptop, i would defently suggest that you use "Revit Architecture 2011" because it's much faster than the 2013 version, but remember, use the 2011 and not the 2012 version.

In that case, the best way to import Revit files into 3Dmax is using three simple steps:

1- Export revit file from the 3D view to DXF format.

2- Import DXF files directly to 3Dmax and join the file by materials.

3- Select the geometry by materials in 3Dmax, and put them in different layers. In any single layer you should have only objetcs with the same material (very important)

PS: DXF format is better than DWG or even FBX to export 3d geometry.

Message 11 of 11

So, I was able to bring in an fbx file from revit to 3ds max.  But, what do I do to get it to render properly.  I went to the render dialog window, and pressed render, and all I got was a blank white rendered window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report