Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Sweep Path - Sweep path that does not fit in one plane

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
aturner77
1070 Views, 3 Replies

3D Sweep Path - Sweep path that does not fit in one plane

Is there a way to create a 3D Sweeo Path. In other words a Sweep Path that does not fit in one plane.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

A good method is to use an In Place Mass  or Conceptual Mass edges as a guide for the Path:

1. first create a Mass with its edges as you want the path to be
  2. then :Architecture > Component > Model in Place > Family Category and Parameters > Generic Model >Name > Forms >Sweep >Pick Path-Pick 3d Edges -ok and then select Profile...

have a look at the screencast:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/c76456ba-b3d0-4c0b-8db0-05576b16d888

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Your post was helpful. I did learn from it. Thank you.

I am going to try to explain this because no part of this model or an image of it can be attached.

My Sweep Path runs with a curve in two directions. The Owner has provided a Model in AutoCAD 2013 that was imported from Sketch Up.

This is a link in my Revit 2015 model.

I am replicating the geometry in Revit. It will not allow me to select the 3D Edges from the Link in the workflow provided in the post.

Message 4 of 4

I did work with 3d imported ,both .dwg and .skp and Pick Path (Pick 3d Edges) for Sweep (Component Model in Place) worked well.

If you have problems when insert directly in Project, then try to insert first into Conceptual Mass  family (where you can redraw the shape and then load it into Project to use the Edges for Pick Path)..

can you send the imported 3 d volume to look at it?

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report