Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32-bit version of Revit? ODBC errors...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Cronk123
1613 Views, 4 Replies

32-bit version of Revit? ODBC errors...

I was wondering if there was a 32 bit version of Revit to be had.  I was trying to export a project file via ODBC and was getting this error:

[IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application (0)

I am using:

Windows 7, 64-bit

FileMaker ODBC client driver, 32-bit

windows ODBC Manager 32-bit (c:\windows\sysWow64\odbcad32.exe)

I used the 32-bit version of the Windows ODBC manager (found above) to configure a new DSN for FileMaker.  I had already installed the FileMaker 32-bit ODBC driver (the only one that is compatible with FM11).  I was able to successfully test the DSN connection to the FileMaker database.

However, when I went into Revit (2013, 64-bit I think...About window says "20120221_2030(x64)") and choose the 'Export - ODBC' option, it appears as if it is loading the 64-bit Windows ODBC Manager window.  I say that because, if I go to 'New' in this window, it only shows me the same drivers available as I see if I load the 64-bit version of the ODBC Manager from the Windows Administrative Tools control panel.  However, the 32-bit User DSN that I created DOES show up in this Revit ODBC window.  But I get the error message noted above if I select that DSN and try to export the file.

So, I was hoping that there might be a 32-bit version of Revit that I could download.  Or is there a way to trick the Revit ODBC window into using the 32-bit version of the ODBC manager window? 

Thanks

J

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: Cronk123

You cannot install a 32-bit version of Revit on a 64-bit OS.

You also need to use the 64-bit ODBC driver with 64-bit Revit.

Try following the instructions for setting up ODBC found here:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/06/revit-2011-and-db-link-for-64-bit.html

Joe

Message 3 of 5
Cronk123
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Joe,

Thanks for the feedback. 

I have tried the 64-bit version of the Filemaker driver.  It doesn't give the 'architecture mismatch' error, but another error about cursor position or some such.  (Sorry, don't have it in front of me at the moment.)  I don't know if that is because the two versions of ODBC aren't quite compatible or not.

Or...do I need to set up the structure of the database to exported to before exporting the file?  I as assuming that the ODBC Export function from Revit would CREATE the database structure it needed.

Last thing I was going to try as the 'DB Link' functionality.  But I can't find it anywhere, nor the menu item that it says it is under ("Extras" or "Add-ins" or some such).  Does it need to be added as a plug-in/extension?  Can it be downloaded and used with the trial version of Revit 2013?  Or does it come already integrated into the 2013 version and I just can't find the right menu location?

Thanks,

J

Message 4 of 5
Cronk123

When using the 64-bit ODBC driver provided by FileMaker, I get an error:

No cursor open for statement (3066)

Anyone have further ideas about that one?

Message 5 of 5
Joe.Charpentier

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Filemaker ODBC driver.  Have you tried to use the Microsoft Access 2010 on that is linked to from the Revit Clinic site? (See my previous post)

The DBLink extension is an add on that is only available to subscription customers.  (Most Autodesk-released addons are subscription only)

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report