Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(2013) "End with Riser" stair option turned off by default on upgraded template

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Milos_Vajdic
2776 Views, 5 Replies

(2013) "End with Riser" stair option turned off by default on upgraded template

Hi guys,

I have a problem where I am unsure if my upgraded template is incompatible with Revit 2013 or is there something else at play. I would really hate to have to re-create my template from scratch so any help is greatly appreciated.

If I create a precast stair in default template I get "end with riser" turned on automaticaly. If I copy that stair to my template and create new stair, "end with riser" is turned off and I manually have to adjust stair afterwards.

Problem is "end with riser" is now an instance parameter of stairs and I can't find where to change the default value.

Why is the stair type that works in default template stuffed when copied to my template?

Thanks,

Milos

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alan.quinn
in reply to: Milos_Vajdic

The stair tool changed considerable in 2013. You may have to tweak your template to make it work with the new functionality, but its our recommendation that you re-build your template with all new releases. Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 6
Milos_Vajdic
in reply to: alan.quinn

This has now been tested with 2014 versin as well with same result.

We spoke about this problem a while ago for revit 2013 and it was suggested that my template was stuffed and should be done from scratch.
Well guess my surprise when doing it from scratch didn't fix the bloody problem?

Except this time I know what happened and it is a replicable problem. If you can't replicate the problem then it isn't a bug so please let me know how to fix it.

Try this and let me know if it stuffs up on your end as well.

1. Create default Timber stairs. Select the stairs till you can see 'end with riser' in instance properties (you may have to TAB few times). It is set to on by default.

2. create precast stair. check instance properties of stairs and see that riser is turned off by default. brilliant, the way it should be.

3. now try and create timber stairs again and you'll see when done that 'end with riser' is turned off by default. and there is NOTHING you can do to bring it back. And this is for all stair types. Am I the only one who bloody tries to use concrete precast stairs? How could this be ignored for 2 versions of the program?

Issue is urgent because I have wasted weeks on template recreation only to be presented with same bloody problem. No wonder my company and others are switching to archiCAD.

Regards,
Milos

Message 4 of 6

I have that very same problem and it just brings me a ton of frustration. I'am now using Revit 2016 but it seems to be the same here.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6

I have the same problem...

Message 6 of 6
ishafer
in reply to: alan.quinn

sorry.  This is an unacceptable solution.  How unrealistic to rebuild a project template every year.  

This response does not address the underlying issue of managing the (now) instance parameter "end with riser".  

My template is correct, yet somehow this setting gets changed in certain projects and I am unable to set the default for "end with riser" = yes/checked.

There needs to be a way to address this and properly set (or reset) the default to the desired setting.

Solved?? nope, sorry.  not solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report