Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013: Multi-segment grid markers and Dependent Views

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lzaras1
837 Views, 5 Replies

2013: Multi-segment grid markers and Dependent Views

I've placed the Multi-Segmented Grids in my large project that requires (6) dependent views per floor plan.  In each of the dependent views, I'm trying to get the grid markers to show at the ends that ~I~ want them to show, but I'm not getting the checkbox. 

Is this by design?  Or is it a bug?

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
loboarch
in reply to: lzaras1

Sounds like something strange in the file.  I am seeing checkboxes on the ends of multisegment grids in dependent views.

multi_seg_grid.png

Do you get the same thing if you start a brand new project using a default template?

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 6
lzaras1
in reply to: loboarch

Jeff, I'm seeing checkboxes at both ends on only one of my six dependent views. The other views, I'm not getting a choice; just a checkbox at one end.

ETA... sorry, I didn't see the part about starting in a new project...

I started a new project, using the OOTB Structural template (I'm using RST2013)

I copied the grids from my project into the new project.

I made 6 dependent views and adjusted the crop boxes for each.

Again, in two views, I get checkboxes at both ends; but not in all dependent views.

Message 4 of 6
loboarch

Once I fooled with it a bit more I am seeing the same thing.  It looks like it has nothing to do with the dependent views, but it has to do with the crop region.  As best as I can tell if the crop region crops a multi-segment grid so it is left with only 1 segment visible inside of the crop region, the grid bubble toggle is only displayed on one end.

I can't find anything logged with this behavior.  I will check with our QA guys to see if this is a known problem.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 6
loboarch

I verified this with QA. They will log this for further investigation. For now it looks like in order for this to not happen you need to keep at least 2 segments of the multi-segment grid inside of the crop region. Although that does not sound very easy to do if the project is big enough to need 6 dependent views. 😞

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 6
lzaras1

UPDATE:

On another forum, somebody came up with a workaround for this issue.  I'm crossposting to a.) give credit to the person that posted the workaround solution and b.) in case anybody else is looking for a resolution.

http://www.revitforum.org/architecture-general-revit-questions/9344-multi-segment-grids-dependent-vi...

Basically, if you edit the MSG so that it's 3D extents endpoint reaches beyond the crop box of the dependent view, you can then obtain the checkbox for the grid bubble(s) and stretch the 2D endpoint back into your view where you prefer.

HTH!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report