Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 keeps crashing on me

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
johnson-carla
2495 Views, 4 Replies

2013 keeps crashing on me

everytime i want to use the materials editor, revit automatically closes on me?   i installed both updates 1 and 2.  is this a graphics card problem?  if so, can i fix it?  what else can i do?

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
VWD-MLM
in reply to: johnson-carla

You don't mention what type GC you're using but try checking your hardware acceleration Settings....If ON, then Turn it "OFF" and vice-versa.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 5
ccollins

http://www.revitforum.org/architecture-general-revit-questions/11318-why-autodesk-torturing-us-mater...

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 4 of 5

Hi, same problem here while using ancient video driver on my nVidia Quadro FX 3600M (because any new driver crash the ancient BIOS on the HP 87110w mobile workstation)... I have found this "solution" to the problem: open Revit, open new clean file, immedietly try to open Material Editor (wait till all renderings finish - than change to text only, it will be much more speedy) and close the Material Editor. IF Revit 2013 do not crash you can close the file, open your working file and it will hold on till you exit Revit. Any new session of Revit the same ritual again... Works for me...

Regards,

Mike

Message 5 of 5
pdawkins

Wow, I also have been tormented by this bug. I have an HP 8730w Elitebook with Nvidia Quadro FX 2700M on Windows 7. I took your advice and it works for me also. I remember issues also in 3ds max 2012 that had to do with the material sample icons. Thanks,  Patrick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report