Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2'X2' to 600X600 ceiling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chunky2k
677 Views, 2 Replies

2'X2' to 600X600 ceiling

hello all

i finished a drawing in archi and MEP, now i have to add the ceiling (since no one did it so i have to do it)

but when i make the ceiling 2'X2', the lenght between the lines is not 600 MM, it is 610 MM, and i made te tiles 600X600, so the area

of the ceiling is bigger than my tiles

how can i change the 2'X2' width to be 600x600 ?

as far as i know the project has been done on imperial and i have to change it to metric

how can i do that, we can re-draw the project again !!

regards

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MKEllis
in reply to: chunky2k

If it is just the physical size you are after - and as you have noticed - 2' is not the same as 600mm, you could just change your ceiling to the equivalent imperial size (11.811" - as a decimal inch dim - or 11 4/5" as approx fraction)

The material for the 2' x 2' tile could also then be changed and so that the pattern is also shown correctly - select model pattern, and edit the size to the appropriate line spacing in X and Y. I would probably copy the material first and rename it, then duplicate the appearance/graphics etc. to ensure that the new ceiling is unique.

It seems that there is likely to be a bigger problem. If the project been established and worked on in imperial, and you want to switch the whole thing over to metric. It is likely that the ceiling issue will crop up throughout - particularly if families and materials are imperial (with a tendency to standard imperial sizes). Hopefully it is just the physical size of the grid that is the problem.

Martin

Message 3 of 3
chunky2k
in reply to: MKEllis

thanks for your reply

i opened the metric template
created 600x600 ceiling
and then transferred it to the old project

regards
Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report