Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual room boundaries in section view

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
277 Views, 2 Replies

Virtual room boundaries in section view

Hi. Is it possible to define virtual room boundaries in section views. I have attached a picture in which the boundary between two rooms is the floor which is a physical element. However, I want to define a virtual boundary between two rooms like room seperators in plan views. 

Thank you

Behnam

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

batazadeh

Unfortunately you don't have the same functionality for defining spaces in sections than you have in plans, but, it is something that is rarely done.

If you want to have two rooms show up in a single room in a section view, say lower space & upper space, you can use the room limits to accommodate this.

To do this properly, you will need to change the computational height of whatever level the room is on. select the level line, in the properties, set the computational height for that level to say 2500mm. Now when you place a room in that area, you can set its "base offset" to "0" (so it sits on the level line) and its Limit offset to say 2500mm, then you can place another room in that area, but set its "base offset" to 2500mm (same as the levels computational height) and limit offset to whatever you wish. Now in section, you can colour up the view and you will have 2 rooms separated with a "theoretical separation line.

Let me know if you follow all the steps okay 

hope this helps 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Hi Alisder,

Thank you for your help. It is a good way for managing layered spaces in each level. Another solution, I think, might be to define an assisted level within that level to model more complex situations. This type of spaces is rare in architectural context. However, BIM models can be used for other types of applications such as managing cadastral ownership spaces which inculde such types of spaces.

Regards,

Behnam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report