Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical Floor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1068 Views, 2 Replies

Typical Floor

Hi, Maybe this is a very simple one; Is there a way to design a floor plan (let's say Level 1) and after Paste Aligned this to Levels 2, 3 and 4 I move a door for example in Room 1 al Level 1 all the doors from the above Levels move accordingly (without having to group or constrain them)? This would be like an automatic constrain to the referencing object - original object. Thanks, Ak
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is the way I approach this.

1. anywall that stacks and is the same wall type should be one wall going thru all floors, this way it will move on all levels when you move it on one. you can use the join geometry tool to clean up your sections.

2. place all the doors on one level, then select all doors and group them. then copy/paste align that door group to all levels. now when you edit the door group it will update each level.

An alternative if you don't like the walls going 3 stories(and not being true to construction) would be to group the walls and the doors, then copy paste that group to each floor. There can be some issues with groups. But if its just walls and doors and worksets aren't involved you should be fine.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just what I needed! Thanks a lot, Ak "sdbrown" wrote in message news:22543404.1090243419510.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Here is the way I approach this. > > 1. anywall that stacks and is the same wall type should be one wall going thru all floors, this way it will move on all levels when you move it on one. you can use the join geometry tool to clean up your sections. > > 2. place all the doors on one level, then select all doors and group them. then copy/paste align that door group to all levels. now when you edit the door group it will update each level. > > An alternative if you don't like the walls going 3 stories(and not being true to construction) would be to group the walls and the doors, then copy paste that group to each floor. There can be some issues with groups. But if its just walls and doors and worksets aren't involved you should be fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report