Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Drawing Software

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
515 Views, 2 Replies

Shop Drawing Software

Hello,

I am in need of assistance to find a software solution for panelized and modular construction. Our firm currently produces our construction documents in 2D AutoCAD. We use a completely different program for our 3D presentation drawings. We have a client that is a manufacturer of pre-built light gage metal stud wall panels and has to redraw all of our drawings in 3D to create shop drawings for manufacturing. Do you have recommendations for compatible software that could help with quick efficient transfer of information from typical construction documents to shop drawings for manufacturing and production? I am not sure if Revit or Architectural desktop can be customized to create precision shop drawings from construction documents or if there are 3rd party programs that work with AutoCAD for this purpose. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I do not know of a "transfer" from 2D to 3D. Try using Revit to draw in, or ADT6, which is also 3D based.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you give more info on what exactly you are looking to accomplish.
Right now i'm thinking of special families for wall section, but not sure what you mean.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report