Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit stuck on splash screen

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
FAZIOGREG
4272 Views, 9 Replies

Revit stuck on splash screen

So, suddenly, all versions of Revit and Autocad stopped opening on my computer.  I checked 3DS Max, and it opens.  The only thing I can think of is that I switched antiviruses, but I believe that the uninstall was clean [and I can't really remember what came first...]

The really odd thing is, when I "run as administrator," it opens up just fine.  The really odder thing is, if I close it and then reopen the program normally, it takes a little bit of time, but it opens.  I've searched for answers, but I can only find issues of 3DS not opening.  If you have any ideas, I'm willing to try anything...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
FAZIOGREG
in reply to: FAZIOGREG

**Update

I tried the Run as Administrator trick with 2017 [it had worked on 2018] and it does not work.

Message 3 of 10
FAZIOGREG

**Another Update...

So, I disabled UAC [Windows 10 Pro], and then tried opening everything again.  The problem was not solved, but all versions of Revit did open when Ran as Administer.

Because it seems to have effected multiple programs, I don't think reinstalling will help, and I REALLY don't want to go to the hassle of reinstalling...

Message 4 of 10
FAZIOGREG

Well, I guess I should have noticed the Hotfix for 2018.  I'm not sure how it fixed the other Revit versions and Autocad, but it did.  

At least now, if someone googles this issue, the solution will be available...

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

What is Hotfix 2018? 

I have Revit 2016, I downloaded an update to my Windows 10 software and now it hangs at the splash screen. I then minimize the program and when it comes back up, it won't let me drag, the ribbon is black, and when I click on a new view, the view is blank. I am at the end of my rope. I'm using this program for my final (due next week) and I can't find a solution.

Message 6 of 10
FAZIOGREG
in reply to: Anonymous

So, I take it you have the student version of the software right?  If your issue was similar to mine, a good first step will be to check for updates through the Desktop App.  CLICK HERE to see instructions on how to do that.

Having said that, your issue sounds like a memory and / or graphics card issue. HERE are instructions for doing that.

Once you've done the above, let me know if everything is fixed.  You should also try right clicking on the Revit icon and choosing "Run as Administrator" and see if that helps.  Don't stress, I'll help out any way I can so you can finish up for your review.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I do have the student version yes. I did the updates, I updated my NVIDIA driver (thank you for guiding me through that), and I uninstalled and reinstalled it again and it's doing the same thing. I also have been running it as an admin. My file isn't corrupted. I uninstalled my Windows 10 update because I thought that was the problem too. 

It just suddenly started to do this. Like this program is possessed. I scanned it with my Webroot software to see if it had a virus or something. I am at the end of my rope.

Message 8 of 10
Sahay_R

DO you have Hardware Acceleration on?

Capture.JPG

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 9 of 10
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Please click HERE for information on the hot-fix

Try the following recommendations:

1) Delete your temp files

2) Disable hardware acceleration

3) Try to repair Revit from the control panel tool

4) Run the updates

Let me know if you have questions and if any of the above resolves your issue.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you for your help. After I tried your suggestions and running it as an admin didn't work, I restarted my computer and THEN opened the program by running as the admin. It worked! Thank you so much, now my final project is done.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report