Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Checks - Best Practices and Most Useful Metrics

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
skyeg321
158 Views, 2 Replies

Model Checks - Best Practices and Most Useful Metrics

Just wanted to check in with all the BIM-panzees on this forum. We are beginning to run periodic model checks at my company using the interoperability tools and checksets. We are starting with using the Autodesk 'Revit Model Dashboard.xml' checkset file and Power Bi report template. A few questions:

1. In your experience, what is the most useful information you have been able to gleam from a checkset or model audit in general? 

2. How do I extract data from these .xlsx files after we have built up a lot of them? For instance, model size. We will want to be able to get an average of all model sizes for our own information. Do I need to write code of some sort that will goin to all these files and pull this data? Can this be done with Power Bi?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
handjonathan
in reply to: skyeg321

Hi @skyeg321 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Im tagging @SteveKStafford @ToanDN @Alfredo_Medina who may be able to offer some insights here. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 3 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: skyeg321

Sorry. I cannot help with this question. I have not used those tools. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report