Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Light (chandelier) ceiling hosting problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
zs-17
202 Views, 7 Replies

Light (chandelier) ceiling hosting problem

Hi,
I can't host many lighting and chandeliers on both horizontal and sloped ceilings, the place on face option does nothing, it's like if the light family doesn't recognise the ceiling face nor the floor slab above it, it works on the work plane option but it is placed upside down on the floor and on the ceiling.
Is there an easy way or a step by step setting to place it on both horizontal and sloped ceilings?
Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
curtisridenour
in reply to: zs-17

curtisridenour_1-1701305391647.png

Works fine when placed in an RCP or a 3D view on the face of the sloped ceiling.

Message 3 of 8
curtisridenour

Also, when you are working with Reference Planes, the side that elements will host to depends on which way you draw the reference plane. See the image below. If you need it to face the other way, you can always use the flipper button in pink.

curtisridenour_2-1701305661154.png

Message 4 of 8
zs-17

Hi, I didn't know that the lighting has a flipper too.
Many thanks

Message 5 of 8
barthbradley
Message 6 of 8

@barthbradley, is there any documentation on the Right to Left vs Left to Right nature of the work plane?
Message 7 of 8
Message 8 of 8

thanks @barthbradley. sad that Autodesk does not have any for their own stuff. I can't find that information anywhere.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report