Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynote Family

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cann0106
131 Views, 3 Replies

Keynote Family

Hi all,

I downloaded a keynote tag family from revit city but when I load it it doesn't show up when I go to add keynotes, how do I get it to?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: cann0106

Most likely the tag family is not of that category, keynote tags.

Sidenote: and why do you download a keynote tag from RevitCity?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
cann0106
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I know that it is the wrong family type, do you have a suggestion on how to download a keynote family?

Message 4 of 4
SteveKStafford
in reply to: cann0106

Revit provides a stock Keynote tag family among the Annotation Families (see attached). For the Keynote Tag tool to work the tag family has to be assigned to the Keynote category. It's likely that the tag you downloaded is intended for an alternative "keynoting" technique. The original "keynotes" were created with a Noteblock family and a Noteblock Schedule. Another technique is "old school" block w/ attributes and a "schedule" of text and lines, "stick" built.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report