Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcuts stop working

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sascari
1858 Views, 8 Replies

Keyboard shortcuts stop working

For some reason, several minutes after opening a project keyboard shortcuts stop working completely. Keyboard works normally in any other program. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: sascari

Try a Repair.  

Message 3 of 9
sascari
in reply to: barthbradley

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.  Just wanted to check if anyone else experienced similar issues. 

Message 4 of 9
cbcarch

-Just your PC? or do other users have the same problem?

-Just one project? or all projects?

-Try cold-reboot on PC.

-Re-start Revit.

-If problem still occurs, then perhaps Repair of re-install of Revit will correct the problem.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 9
sscerri

This happens to me too, quite often actually  - across all projects. 

none of my colleagues report this to me though - possibly because they don't use shortcuts as much as me...? I pretty much only  use shortcuts

it works in other programs, only revit seems to stop seeing my keyboard. 

SOLUTIONS : restarting Revit works, otherwise if its quicker - unplug and replug your keyboard from the usb and you'll be good to go again. 

i don't understand why this happens though sorry

Studio BIM Leader

Message 6 of 9
ennujozlagam

install latest updates from autodesk. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 9

That is why a good common sense is to export your shotcut keyboard file and import it when in need.

Message 8 of 9
paul_aguiar

I know this was an old one, but I just encountered the same problem. I was assigning a keyboard shortcut to export a revit schedule. It seemed as though it was working the first time and then wouldn't work again after that. I accidentally solved my own problem, click anywhere in the ribbon and the shortcut will then work.

Message 9 of 9
nawU64QN
in reply to: paul_aguiar

thanks @paul_aguiar

Just had this issue in Revit 2022.1. 

Your fix of clicking on the tool ribbon fixed the keyboard shortcuts.  Specifically for me, I had to click in an open area of the tool ribbon without a button.

I suspect many users predominantly use buttons so they would not notice if they encountered this error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report