Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Colours, in all modes Revit

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
andrew8QEC8
147 Views, 3 Replies

Inaccurate Colours, in all modes Revit

room-swatch_almond-milk__ppg1075-2.jpg

Keep getting flak about how the colours in my colour elevations are "inaccurate: to what the actual material is. I put the material texture in,literaly the jpeg colour sample texture the company provides and type in the color display as rendered. But everyone keeps complaining the colors are inaccurate? Is there some optimal settings I am missing. I type in the exact same RGBS and they turn out completely different between different programs. Revit will never plot with the colors of the RGB I typed in. This is especially bad in the 2D orthographic colour elevation views that are vectorworks that need to be annotated. Try matching this materials RGBand inputting it into the various modes that have color. It will be impossible to get it to actually match. In consistent mode it will be purple, in realistic it will be light khaki (the rgbs will not match in any mode the rgb in the texture no matter what settings are chosen.) Its even worse the darker color "Discover"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
syman2000
in reply to: andrew8QEC8

It is hard to know what settings you are using without looking into your file. Just post a sample so we can take a look.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 4
ToanDN

Consistent Colors and Shaded visual styles are using Graphics properties of the Material definition.  Realistic and Rendered visual style are using Appearance properties of the Material definition.  They are two separate definitions.  On top of that, there are Sun, Artificial Light, Ambiant Lights, Shadows, Ambient Shadow, etc... contributing to how the colors of the model appear in a view.

Message 4 of 4
andrew8QEC8

In Revit 2024 the mode that was required was called "Texture" mode visual display; it is the one with the checkboard cube icon, so that the external lighting, global illumination, and ambient occlusion and the like do not effect the RGB of the final output. This is definitely a great new feature that needed to be implemented. It is kind of weird for a three dimensional modelling program to not have it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report