Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hunt one unwanted symbol

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jaimoe1
473 Views, 10 Replies

How to hunt one unwanted symbol

Ex2.png

Let me utilise bursting knowledge on this forum for something that might look trivial to experts, but it is not to beginners.

So, I was playing with  note blocks to learn to create one. This picture shows note block with one blank row. The row is in fact symbol which I place somewhere, without a text, and now I cannot find it.

Is there some simple clever way to hide everything but symbols in the entire project, so I can find this unwanted one quickly?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: jaimoe1

Edit the Note Block schedule, clink inside the row and go to Highlight in model button on the ribbon.
Message 3 of 11
jaimoe1
in reply to: ToanDN

That sounds really elegant, but didn't work; I receive "no good view could be found". After that, I am offered "show element in view" dialog, but every time I click, it is just "no good view could be found".

Message 4 of 11
cbcarch

-Select one of the symbols.

-Then right click and "select all instances in entire project" .

-Then use "lightbulb" tool at bottom of screen.

-Isolate Category.

Does this work?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 11
ToanDN

Did you place it in a Legend view by any chance?
Message 6 of 11
jaimoe1
in reply to: cbcarch

That's very close to my desires, but unfortunately, Revit seems to not offer much here: when I made such selection, I had to isolate view by view, and after few views selection vanished, and was not able to use isolate tool any more. 

Message 7 of 11
jaimoe1

I don't have any legend view, but based on your previous advice, instead of row clicking and trying to see the instance in the view, I right-clicked the row in note block and used "delete row" command.

The warning appeared that not only row will be deleted, but annotation instance as well, but as I don't need that instance anyhow, wherever it was, I just accepted that, and the problem seems to be resolved. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
ToanDN

Do you set the schedule to Not Itemize every Instance?  In fact, can you share the Sorting / Grouping tab of the schedule?

Message 9 of 11
jaimoe1

I unclicked "itemise every instance", and sorting is set at minimum criteria.

Message 10 of 11
ToanDN

@jaimoe1 wrote:

I unclicked "itemise every instance", and sorting is set at minimum criteria.

In such case, multiple rows with unmatched value across every column can become a single blank row.  I would itemize rows and inspect them before delete the non-itemized row(s).

Message 11 of 11
jaimoe1

I am doing just basic testing, so I didn't have more than 3 symbols, one of which was presented with blank row, and I already deleted that row.

Tryed to itemize each instance as per your suggestion, but did not bring me anything more than these two rows, as I don't have any double instances of annotations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report