Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip Orientation of Auto-generated Family Thumbnail

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Johanna.Greenwood
341 Views, 6 Replies

Flip Orientation of Auto-generated Family Thumbnail

Is there a way that I can flip the orientation of this auto-generated thumbnail in the property menu of a casework Revit family without having to remake the family? It's currently showing the backside of the cabinet and I would prefer it to show the front.

Cabinet back.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Unfortunately the thumbnail in Revit does not use the thumbnail image you can set for the family in the save as dialogue that displays when you view the file in your OS file explorer.

Thumbnails in Revit always take the view you would see looking from the top left corner of the screen in the plan view.

Message 3 of 7

Like this?

Thumb1.png

Thumb2.png

Message 4 of 7

Yes, exactly

Message 5 of 7

You can rotate all the elements in the Family 180-degrees.  Not always feasible though.  Depends on the family. Personally, I would just learn to love it. 😉 

Message 6 of 7

Would I be able to rotate the elements without messing up the x/y-axis for the line-based family?

Message 7 of 7

You could look at using other tools for generating the preview image.

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/List/Search?isAppSearch=True&searchboxstore=RVT&facet=&collection=&... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report