Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
3706 Views, 1 Reply

Fatal Error

I have just downloaded  the student version Revit Architecture 2012 two weeks ago. After I draw for about 15 minutes I will get the prompt asking me if I would like to save my drawing and I do. Once I pick and location for the drawing and name the drawing and save it Revit says a FATAL ERROR has occured and shuts down. This has happened every time the save prompt comes up. I have tried a save as as soon as I start drawing and I still get this error. Any recovery files say they have an INCORRECT SHEMA and cannot be opened. I have not saved a single drawing on my laptop since I have downloaded this program. I really need some help!  It's been really frustrating to start a drawing only to just loose all my work. Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

I have included a few items to test below:

1.  See if the results are the same if you right-click on the Revit shortcut > Run as Administrator.  See if you can save when running the application this way.

2.  Can you save to a different location to avoid the crash?  For example try browsing to the Windows Desktop and see if the crash persists.

3.  Verify if you have any antivirus software running which may be interfering with the Revit.exe process.  If so, test temporarily disabling the software to see if you can save normally with Revit.

Please let us know if the issue should persist.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report