Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Revit to AutoCAD - making crop regions visible in AutoCAD model space?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
3764 Views, 12 Replies

Exporting Revit to AutoCAD - making crop regions visible in AutoCAD model space?

I am trying to find out how I can export the crop region (some are polygons in our files) to show up in the AutoCAD file in model space. Currently, when I export to dwg the viewports export but when I switch to model space the crop regions that I have modified or have on in Revit do not export at all. Is there a solution for this?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Revit world. Any solution for this yet? Seems like quite the challenge.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Since they don't show in Autocad, they won't show in a Revit Export.

Draw a line around the crop region in Paper space and use the CHSPACE command to move the created line to model space.

You would have to best guess this method in Revit, but it will show up on your prints unless you are using the "no plot" add-in.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Go to Revit-Export-CAD, then click the little box with three dots next to the "Select Export Setup" drop down list.  Go to General tab, uncheck "Hide Scope Boxes"

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

I was excited to see that the mystery would be solved. Alas..... it is not solved. I tried exporting a sheet that has a lot of views with lots of different shaped crop regions in revit. Checking and unchecking the "hide scope boxes" produced the same result. No crop regions were exported with either.... 

Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

A workaround would be to draw detail lines just within the crop boundary- however, this would be tedious if you have many views...a filter could then be applied to all applicable views to control said detail line visibility. Let me know if you figure it out!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

We have drawn a detail line in the view to represent the crop region (only when absolutely needed) thereby eliminating the need to use the change space command..... but... thanks for replying!

Message 8 of 13
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

We have drawn a detail line in the view to represent the crop region (only when absolutely needed) thereby eliminating the need to use the change space command..... but... thanks for replying!

You may already know this but you can edit the view crop region, select the sketch lines and CTRL+C to copy it.  Go back to the view and Paste Aligned.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks but I am looking for a solution not a workaround. I don't think this should be a difficult ask from Autodesk. Why it just doesn't export and have it's own export settings is beyond me.

Message 10 of 13
carl.heintz

I know this is years later but I am also having the same issue. I tried this option to uncheck "hide scope" but it looks exactly the same.

Message 11 of 13
mcobb

Same thing for me.

Regards,

Mike
Message 12 of 13

Hey guys>>> still problem not solved?! the section views look ugly without crop lines 😕

#AutoDesk?

Message 13 of 13
xshuK8NEH

Same issue again. Came to look for a solution and find out there's none. Autodesk should really check this out and this is not the only strange small issue need to be fixed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report