Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Problem from Revit

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BIMAbhi
2307 Views, 3 Replies

Export Problem from Revit

When we exporting the revit model elements (Which is customized by override graphics option in revit for both surface pattern and solid color) then this is not reflecting (color) in the navis file. Can anybody please suggest why this exception is occouring in Navisworks or there is any option in Revit? Thanks is advance.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lanl
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Dear RNDPIS,

The Navisworks Revit exporter approximates the material shading colors during export. For example, you can change the pipe material in Object Style in Revit, then the color can be maintained during transfer, but this setting will affect all pipes.

Currently, the setting in Visibility/Graphics Override does not export when exporting Revit model to NWC format, you have to re-color the objects again in Navisworks (You can use Appearance Profiler function in Navisworks).

Actually, you can export your Revit model to DWF directly in Revit, this format will maintain the colors during the transfer.

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 4
BIMAbhi
in reply to: lanl

When we export the revit model to DWF then the shared co-ordinate system according to Revit can't comes to dwf file. Smiley SadIs there any export option where we change the co-ordinate system basis (i.e. shared/project)  for exporting dwf?

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 4 of 4
lanl
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Dear RNDPIS

Currenlty, there is no shared coordinate setting when exporting DWF.

I would encourage you to log enchancement request with the link below, our product design team will read all the submitted forms. Select the Autodesk Navisworks for the product field.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report