Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent views: Elevation and slope tags are jumping/missing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lukas.sigrist
512 Views, 4 Replies

Dependent views: Elevation and slope tags are jumping/missing

Hello

I have made several depending views because:

_ my building goes over 10 floors

_ same section view (always on the axes) for every level

_ same tag label on the plan

So everything has worked out as I wanted to until I close and open Revit again. After opening Revit a few elevation and slope tags are jumping around (see pictures). When I then click on the wrong positionned tags they are jumping back to their right place.

How can I avoid this "jumping" around?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This isn't typical behavior, if that's what you are asking.  I don't think I've ever experienced "jumping" tags.  If you want to post the file, we can test and see.  

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately I'm not allowed to upload my companies file. So I think I have to remodel it.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
JBrass
in reply to: lukas.sigrist

according to Autodesk, this problem has been solved, but I don't see a solution.  I am experiencing the same thing and it's very frustrating.  I am modelling in one project, and that project is linked into a Central model hosting other buildings, all individual models.  For me, it's the tags on bracing elevations that will NOT stay in the place I put them. If I have to make a change to the elements in the linked model, and then reload that into the central model, the tags have jumped around.  not all the tags so I can't determine what is causing the jumping. I've tried pinning the tags, but that doesn't do anything to keep the tags in place.  We are working in BIM360 on the Cloud in Revit 2020.  If anyone has an idea why this is happening, and how to prevent it, I would be very grateful.

Message 5 of 5
tom.thorne
in reply to: lukas.sigrist

I feel your pain, this is still not resolved and we're now in 2023!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report