Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Reference Plane greyed out

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rob.pnc
5656 Views, 8 Replies

Delete Reference Plane greyed out

How to delete such reference planes. See attached family. Revit 2018.3

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: rob.pnc

Do you get any messages when you try to delete them?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 9
rob.pnc
in reply to: RobDraw

@RobDraw 

No ... no messages what so ever.

Delete button on the ribbon as well as the Right Click menu are disabbled

Using Kb delete does not respond too.

Tried to upgrade the family to 2019 and 2020 ... same thing. the family is attached in first post 

Message 4 of 9
ToanDN

Built in ref planes cannot be deleted. Only user added ref planes can be deleted.
Message 5 of 9
rob.pnc
in reply to: ToanDN

They are user created families and nested parts of a bigger family. Production line changed and now we need to cleanup the old ones and readjust to suit the new production model. There were several other parameters which I already deleted from the family above for privacy reasons  till I was left over with the reference planes

Atteched is another sample of a different nested family with dimensions and elements which I am not able to delete

Message 6 of 9
RDAOU

Those are RP, Dims and elements which were added to your custom company templates. Some purposly do that to lock delete (after the finish they rename family to .rft and recreate the .rfa)

If your intention is to delete them and start fresh you need to do so in the .rft files which your family was initiated from, rename it to .rfa and delete them from therein

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 7 of 9
rob.pnc
in reply to: RDAOU

That worked and I was able to get rid of most unnamed reference planes  but there are still some dimensions I am not able to delete. Any ideas

Message 8 of 9
RDAOU

Place a new/temporary reference plane >> select the dimension >> grab its witness line and drag it to the new reference plane >> delete the temporary reference plane ... this should delete the sticky dims

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 9 of 9
lee.imbimbo86EM4
in reply to: RDAOU

I'm having a similar issue were the reference plane won't let me delete it.  I've tried what you said, which is to rename the file type from RFT to RFA.  But it still won't let me delete it.  I've attached it for reference

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report