Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casework details in plan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CADdaddy.com
3099 Views, 3 Replies

Casework details in plan

I need to do some plans of my custom casework....but Revit won't let me cut in plan through casework...only sections are allowed (why does Revit have to limit us this way?  this should be optional!).  I've done most of the plan work as 3D views which works OK to a point.  It allows casework to appear sectionally in plan BUT it does not allow for annotation (other than dimensions and text).   I can't add 2D detail components or regions or even LINES so it is pretty limiting.  Too limiting.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

James

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: CADdaddy.com

The cuttability of a family is determined by its category and if the option is specified on the family geometry under:
Extrusion Properties > Visibility / Graphic Overrides > Edit > Family Element Visibility Settings > make sure When Cut in Plan/RCP is checked.  This will ensure it is displayed when it intersects the cut plane of the view.  
This option should be available in a cuttable family category.  I have included a list of the family types Revit will cut below:
I’ve also included a few related posts:

The cuttability of a family is determined by its category and if the option is specified on the family geometry under:
Extrusion Properties > Visibility / Graphic Overrides > Edit > Family Element Visibility Settings > make sure When Cut in Plan/RCP is checked.  This will ensure it is displayed when it intersects the cut plane of the view.  

This option should be available in a cuttable family category.  I have included a list of the family types Revit will cut below:

http://docs.autodesk.com/REVIT/2010/ENU/Revit%20Architecture%202010%20Users%20Guide/RAC/index.html?u...

I’ve also included a few related posts:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/nested-shared-cuttable-family.html

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/component-families-above-the-cut-plane.html

Casework is a cuttable family category.

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
CADdaddy.com
in reply to: ryan.duell

Oops....my mistake.  I missed that "when cut in Plan/RCP (if category permits)" at the bottom of the list.

Thanks so much.

James

Message 4 of 4
CADdaddy.com
in reply to: CADdaddy.com

I was just messing around with that setting and I now see that the way the dialog box is designed is the source of my confusion.  I had "Plan/RCP" unchecked and "when cut in Plan/RCP (if category permits)" checked.  I thought that this setting would never show the element in Plan or RCP unless it was cut in plan or RCP.  It turns out that if "Plan/RCP" is unchecked then the element is never shown in Plan or RCP even if "when cut in Plan/RCP (if category permits)" is checked.

"when cut in Plan/RCP (if category permits)" should be a sub-check (for lack of a better term) of  "Plan/RCP" and should automatically uncheck if "Plan/RCP" is unchecked.  That would clearly explain to the user what is really going to happen.

James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report