Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bug Slanted and Tapered Walls

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
GHASEM_ARIYANI
1239 Views, 21 Replies

bug Slanted and Tapered Walls

Hello

Please fix the appearance Air Material Wall Layer for the Section box to the Walls.

2021-04-19_10-39-24.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Labels (4)
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

@GHASEM_ARIYANI  Have you posted this to the Revit Architecture forum? If not, I may move this to that forum to get support on it.

Kimberly Fuhrman
Revit Community Manager
Message 3 of 22

hi @kimberly.fuhrman 

Please move to the forum.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 22

related idea (maybe same); Cavity Wall - Autodesk Community

Message 5 of 22
barthbradley
in reply to: wr.marshall

I can't replicate.

Tapered Air2.jpg

Message 6 of 22

@GHASEM_ARIYANI  I wonder if it's a graphics issue? Does it go away if you zoom in or out?

Kimberly Fuhrman
Revit Community Manager
Message 7 of 22

Actually, I can replicate. Not a problem though. Air with no Transparency corrects.  

Message 8 of 22

Please Change Material Air Layer to "Air".

Message 9 of 22

yes. I know Air without transparency is OK.

But I say why should this be a problem when there are solid layers behind an air layer

Message 10 of 22

thanks @wr.marshall 

Message 11 of 22

Taper Air3.jpg

Message 12 of 22

no, I think it is a bug for how to display the wall layer.

Message 13 of 22

Please read the question carefully and then answer

Message 14 of 22

@GHASEM_ARIYANI wrote:

Please read the question carefully and then answer

What do you mean?  

Message 15 of 22

@GHASEM_ARIYANI : You seem to be implying that I didn't read the question carefully.  Which one of my posts signaled that? The one where I said that I can replicate the issue?    

Message 16 of 22

I am guessing that the issue is that the tapered face after the air layer, should be showing, instead Revit tends to show the background and this face is invisible. This same issue occurs with vertical walls(likely slanted too - not tested) if a middle layer is "air". I think what @GHASEM_ARIYANI is after is to view the face after the air/cavity layer like this screen shot.

Currently no solution. This will require a fix from Autodesk

cavity.PNG

Message 17 of 22
barthbradley
in reply to: wr.marshall

Yes, I understand the issue. I'll bet it is related to another 2022 issue*** that I and other Users have experienced.   I'm hoping it can be resolved in the first update.  In the mean time,  removing Transparency from the Air Asset or using Parts seems to be a fix in this case.  

***another 2022 issue:

Realistic with Shadows 2022-1.jpgRealistic with Shadows 2022-2.jpg

Message 18 of 22
syman2000
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

This isn't a bug. This exist in previous version as well.

cut.png

If you set the wall transparency to 100%, this is why you are able to see thru your wall cavity.

transparency.png

If you change it to 0, it will show up as solid.

0 transparency.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 19 of 22
andrew_parrella
in reply to: syman2000

This is a generic issue for air layers in walls in realistic views when cut by a section box. It goes back to at least 2020 and I bet much farther than that. I have filed it to be addressed.

Andy P

Principal QA Analyst - Revit

Message 20 of 22

2018: 

2018 Air Layer in 3D Section.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report