Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bind Link deleting "Attached Details" before it finishes binding

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jwarner4
1207 Views, 5 Replies

Bind Link deleting "Attached Details" before it finishes binding

Hello,

I am binding the link of a Revit model (it's about 150 MB) that was not generated by our firm (fun!). Before it is finished (and about 3 warning dialogue box rounds later) it deletes all of the "Attached Details." I went through the linked model and cleaned up all of the warnings, TRIED to unpin and unconstrained everything (because for some reason EVERYTHING was pinned and constrained) and this still happens. I'm not sure what is going on.

I have attached the exported first error report.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jac

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: jwarner4

Attached details are detail groups associated with model groups. For example, if they create a group of a Room with Room tag then the Room will be in a model group and the Room tag will be an attached detail group.

I would ignore the errors since you will need to redo all the annotation anyway.
Message 3 of 6
jwarner4
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the quick response. I know what Attached Details are, and yes I want them. We want all of the notes and dimensions from the project as well as all of the detail components. This has worked seamlessly on other projects, this one just seems to not carry over the Attached Details. 

Message 4 of 6
olga.horwat

Hello,

Have anybody managed to solve this problem? I've been struggling with it for ages now and still can't find the solution, which drives me mad. In some of the files link and bind correctly, some not and I can't find a pattern here....

Regards,

Olga

Error.JPG

Message 5 of 6
jwarner4
in reply to: olga.horwat

Hi Olga,

I contacted my re seller, and they couldn't figure it out either. It bothers me too, so I'll probably try and find time to trouble shoot it. My project was from version 2011 that had been added to and updated through the years (it's a prototype building), the next things on my list to rule out now are:

Revision clouds in views

Dependent views

Imports in families 

I'll let you know what I turn up. 🙂

Message 6 of 6
olga.horwat

Hi Jac, Hi All

Any successes with that annoying thing?

It's so frustrating. And the worse thing is that 4 months ago I managed to solve it and my head is not telling me now what I've done there to make it work...  So it is possible to get this working...

Olga

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report