Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basement stair handrail should not be showing in Level 1 Ceiling plan.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
NigelParsons4560
983 Views, 7 Replies

Basement stair handrail should not be showing in Level 1 Ceiling plan.

Hello,

I have 2 floors:  Ground, and Level 1.

Ground floor has a stair up to Level 1.  However, the floor to floor height is such that the Level 1 slab can cover one flight of the stair.

On Level 1, the floor slab properly hides the handrail of the stair below.  However, the handrail appears on the reflected ceiling plan.  I don't know why.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tonkata
in reply to: NigelParsons4560

Hey Nigel,

It will depend on how she has built these elements.

If she has used a shaft, be sure the shaft is not cutting throught the final ceiling (see example below).

Shaft.jpg

Image 1: Ground floor showing floor and stair

Image 2: Showing ceiling with shaft cutting through

Image 3: Shows Level 1 floor & stair

Image 4: Shows level 1 ceiling.

Shaft 2.jpg

Message 3 of 8
NigelParsons4560
in reply to: tonkata

Hello Tonkata,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I don't thing she has used a shaft.  I don't know how to use a shaft anyway.  In my office, we always edit the slab boundary to create a void.  I have included a section below that corrolates with the previously posted plans.  The portion of the handrail beneath the black slab should be hidden in the Level 1 Ceiling.  It is displaying correctly in the floor plan, but not the ceiling plan.

Section-1.jpg

Message 4 of 8
tonkata

Try delete the slab cutout and add a shaft opening instead, let's see if that solves your problem.

1. Open your ground floor plan, under the Architecture tab select Shaft Opening.

shaft.JPG

Cut a section through the shaft so you can extend it to the underside of the level 1 ceiling.

Message 5 of 8
NigelParsons4560
in reply to: tonkata

Hello Tonkata,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Unfortunately creating a shaft has not solved the problem.  See images attached.

Level 1 plan is fine.

Shaft-Level 1.jpg

Level 1 ceiling plan still shows the handrails.

Shaft-Level 1 - ceiling.jpg

Here is the shaft in Section.

Shaft-Section-1.jpg

I have tried manipulating the dimensions of the shaft to no avail.  The problem persists.

I've used hide in view to hide the handrails.  That will do for now.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

This is a "View Range" issue in "Reflected Ceiling Plan". Just adjust the view range in ceiling plan and you will able to see your stair and handrail. Just try it.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 7 of 8
NigelParsons4560
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Subhradeep,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  The problem is that I do not want to see the handrail.  I have adjusted the view range settings in the reflected ceiling plan several times with great care.  Everything is hiding properly except the handrail.  If I remove the Level 1 underlay the problem is resolved, but I don't see other things that I would like to show on the ceiling plan for reference, such as bathroom partition walls.  My work around has been to hide the handrails using Hide Element.  It appears to be some kind of bug with the way Revit handles the underlay.

Thanks however for your concern.

Message 8 of 8

sometimes the quickest solution is the best...

select the object you wish to hide, then right click and select hide in view -  elements (or category).

it will no longer be visible.

TemporaryHide03.jpg

additionally, this might be tied to the way view range works...

http://www.revitzone.com/revit-fundamentals/142-view-range-explained

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report