Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing a purge utility

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JoelBradley
1534 Views, 2 Replies

Writing a purge utility

I'm a developer, but for the last year or two have been learning and using Revit instead.  I haven't yet delved into coding in Revit.

I am wondering if anyone can give me any idea of how involved it would be (and whether it's even possible) to write a utility that automatically purges Revit files.  Specifically, I would love to be able to schedule a batch file to run overnight that invokes such a utlity to open, purge, and then re-save files (e.g. - purge.exe MyProject.rvt); or, if that's not possible, maybe even something that can run from within a Revit application session and do the same thing at a scheduled time for multiple files in a given folder.

I don't mind figuring it out for myself, but would appreciate any insight anyone can give me on feasibility (and even suggestions on direction) before I try tackling it.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

Joel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
phildebrandt
in reply to: JoelBradley

Opening and saving files is no problem. I don't think you can invoke the purge command from within a customn app. You would probably have to write some routines that would check for instances of each family type before removing them from the file. I think this is also do-able.

Message 3 of 3
JoelBradley
in reply to: phildebrandt

Belated response (!!) --- thanks for your help, phildebrandt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community