Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Revit API To Detach A Central File And Clean Up For Consultant Use

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DJB_CADfx
1289 Views, 4 Replies

Use Revit API To Detach A Central File And Clean Up For Consultant Use

Does the Revit API from version 2013 and higher possess the required methods to properly clean up a central file to provide it to a third party for their use? The command would need to do the following:

1. Allow the user to select a central file to perform the command on
  2. Open the selected file detached from central, preserving worksets and performing an audit on it
  3. Remove all existing Revit links
  4. Remove all existing CAD Format links
  5. Perform a Purge on all unused items
  6. Save the file as a new detached central file to a new location
  7. Relinquish All Mine

Is there anything missing in the API that would make it impossible to perform all of these steps? Are there any steps missing that you would recommend also be performed before sending the file to a third party?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maciejwypych
in reply to: DJB_CADfx

Hi,

It's definately possible - eTransmit, which is availible with subscription does all that.

Message 3 of 5
ljnuin

Hello djb,

I am very interested in the macro you describe. Have you found any way of developing this Macro? 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
joefields

I think all of your items are possible through the API except the Purge unused command. A few years ago we had looked in to something similar to clean incoming models from other consultants and from what I recall, there was no API function to do a straight forward Purge Unused. You could do it if you created your own function to check for unused items but from what I remember reading, in order to figure out if it is unused, you would need to try to delete it from the model. If it is successful in being deleted then it is unused, otherwise it is used somewhere. Hopefully there is something being added in the API soon to handle a Purge Unused as this could be very handy.
Joe Fields PE, LEED AP BD+C
Mechanical Engineer and C# Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5
Troy_Gates
in reply to: joefields

I can concur with Purge in the API, I've tried to create a similar tool to clean up models. Was able to do everything except purge.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community