Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim walls

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
R.van.den.Bor
786 Views, 2 Replies

Trim walls

Hi there,

I want to trim some walls using the API. Is there a way to trim walls in the API ?

I know you can use postcommand, but due to the lack of constructor properties, you can't give the trim command a predefined wall selection. So with this option, the user has to select the walls to trim, and I want to automate this without the user having to select manually.

I've read Jeremy's post of the "Built-In Revit AcGe Functionality" but I don't know if this is the proper way to go for ? And if it is, does anybody have an example to do so ?

Can anybody shed some light on this ?

Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Dear Remy,

Thank you for your query.

What exactly do you mean by 'trim'?

What would the situation before and after look like?

As far as I can imagine, this would simply mean cutting off one or the other end of an existing wall.

This should be pretty trivial: just modify the wall location curve, and Bob's your uncle.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 3

Okay, thanx. I was hoping maybe there would be another way (too actually use the trim functionality as an API call.

Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community