Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strechable vs non strechable

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sanjaymann
503 Views, 5 Replies

strechable vs non strechable

Hi,

I have two list boxes. I want to poulate one with names of elements which requires streching like a wall. A wall can't be placed with a single click. The other list box I want to populate with elements  which does not require streching like a plant or a furniture which can be placed with a single click.

Thanks & Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: sanjaymann

What do you mean by "list box", and what is the question or problem? It's not clear.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
sanjaymann
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Using Revit Api I want to find out line based families.

Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

Then, please specify that you are referring to API. It is hard to guess if you don't mention it and you post your question in the Revit Architecture forum. I suggest to move this thread to the API forum.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6

? I think you are mistaking, this is the revit api forum!
Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).
Message 6 of 6
bburling

Take a look at an elements location property. It will return either a LocationPoint or a LocationCurve. Probably easiest to setup 2 helper functions like this:

Function IsPointBased(element As Element) As Boolean
            Return TryCast(element.Location, LocationPoint) IsNot Nothing
        End Function

Function IsLineBased(element As Element) As Boolean
            Return TryCast(element.Location, LocationCurve) IsNot Nothing
        End Function

Hope that helps,

Brett

Regards,
Brett

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community