Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting default tag type to a new IndependentTag in API

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
homer_anave
592 Views, 1 Reply

Setting default tag type to a new IndependentTag in API

In Revit 2014, I would like to create a new multi-category tag out of doc.Create.NewTag() and I wanted a type to be assigned immediately to the new tag. But it seems the current API doesn't allow me to do so.

The reason why I would like to assign a type at once is because the default tag type sometimes prevents me from creating it and returns error that says "You can not create a Multi-Category Tag to a component without the same filter parameter." This happens when the default tag type the doc.Create.NewTag() tries to load has a filter parameter assigned to it.

Unless I erase the default tag type temporarily from the project, I cannot go further with creating a new IndependentTag.

Is there any other workaround in order for me to create a new IndependentTag with the tag type I like to use for that new tag?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: homer_anave

Not that I know of for 2014. I haven't tried yet, but in 2015 you can probably use the new Document.SetDefaultFamilyTypeId() method to do this. Doesn't help you for 2014 though, sorry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community