Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope Box?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
clparvez
1632 Views, 8 Replies

Scope Box?

Is it possible to use the API to create a scope box? I don't find a createscopebox sort of method any where.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
saikat
in reply to: clparvez

Hi Cindy

The Revit API does not expose any ScopeBox class and neither does there seem to be a way to create a new Scope Box using the API. If a Revit model does have an existing scopebox, we can do certain changes to them like moving it around, but we again, wont be able to resize it.

Sorry for the bad news.

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting
Message 3 of 9
clparvez
in reply to: saikat

So your saying I should add this to the wish list. Smiley Very Happy  It would be a nice thing to be able to do... thanks for replying so quickly.

Message 4 of 9
saikat

Hi Cindy

I will bring this up with the Dev team as a request.

thanks

Saikat

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting
Message 5 of 9
clparvez
in reply to: saikat

Excellent!  Thanks so much.

Message 6 of 9
Dale.Bartlett

Is it now possible to programmatically create a scope box and control it's dimensions and location? Dale

I'm also curious if this is going to be possible through the Revit API, as far as I understand it's currently still not the case? It's on my wish list as well! 

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 9

Any update for 2017?

in reply to: Dale.Bartlett

According to this app : https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/fr/Detail/Index?id=6897465823377340538&appLang=en&os=Win64. It is possible but I didn't find how yet. If anyone find out, it would help.

Edit :

Actually it has been answered here : https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/create-scope-boxes/m-p/7050125#M22530

This app copy and eventually rename scope box. It doesn't modify existing bounding boxes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community