Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RevitAPI.dll missing classes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kennethgv
863 Views, 4 Replies

RevitAPI.dll missing classes

I'm trying to follow this tutorial (see bottom) before working on the application I have in mind.

When I view RevitAPI inside Visual Studio in the Object Browser I see e.g. all the "Room" classes are missing.

The gentleman on the video have the Room classes.

I have tried to search a lot on the internet how to download a new RevitAPI.dll file, but the only way is to download the SDK, and that as well includes the same narrowed file without "Room" classes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL8pQRJbcyA at 9:10

Can somebody please help me here? 

Best Regards

Kenneth G. Vejen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kennethgv
in reply to: kennethgv

Anyone?
Message 3 of 5
EShulok

What version of Revit do you have installed? The RevitAPI.dll is included with the Revit install. With the Revit 2015 RevitAPI.dll, you should be able to see the Room class in the object browser under the Autodesk.Revit.DB.Architecture node. If you are having trouble using the Room class in your project, you may not have the right include statement.

Hope that helps,

Message 4 of 5
kwhite

I think you meant to include the time of 19:10 at the end of your video reference.  Correct?

As for your question, I think the answer is in the using statements that are at the top of the code which have been minimized in the video.  I did a quick search for Revit API Room Namespace on Google and see that the namespace for rooms is within Autodesk.Revit.DB.Architecture.  So just add a using statement at the top (using Autodesk.Revit.DB.Architecture) and Rooms will be accessible to you.

I hope this helps.

Keith

Message 5 of 5
kennethgv
in reply to: kwhite

Thank you both very much for your time.

It helped making following statement:

using Autodesk.Revit.DB.Architecture;

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community