Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to AutoCAD - Identity Data

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rpearsall
1416 Views, 2 Replies

Revit to AutoCAD - Identity Data

Is there a way (utility, program, add-in, etc.) to export the Identity Data of a Revit Family to the AutoCAD block when exporting Revit views/sheets to AutoCAD DWGs?

For example,

Manufacturer: XXX

Model: XXX

Assembly Code: XXX

Description: XXX

Thanks,

Randy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe.Ye
in reply to: rpearsall

I think this post in ADN DevBlog can answer this question.

Revit DWG/DXF export: specification of the extended data (xdata)

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2012/08/revit-dwgdxf-export-specification-of-the-extended-data-xda...

Joe Ye
Contractor
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 3
ascott0527
in reply to: Joe.Ye

Joe,

I'm having the same problem, but I don't clearly understand what I need to do. I'm not familiar with lisp's. If you could help that would be great.

I have a Revit model that is being provided by another contractor. They have put the time in tagging all of the electrical equipment to the correct naming ( which appears in the Identity data in the properties tab in revit ) .

My problem is that I have to take .rvt models & .dwg models and merge them all into one .dwg file for the client. I would like the identity data to show up in the .dwg file so the client has all of the correct information. Is this the solution I'm looking for or is it even possible?

Thanks,

Anthony

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community