Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit not running dll pointed to in manifest

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
419 Views, 3 Replies

Revit not running dll pointed to in manifest

Hello,

I'm running Revit 2014 on Windows 7 64 bit. During development, I pointed my manifest to the "in progress" version of my DLL, for example:

<Assembly>C:\Users\ScottS\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\GSRevItPlugin\GSRevItPlugin\bin\Debug\GSRevItPlugin.dll</Assembly>

Now I'm ready to go to production, and so I'm developing an installer. I create the manifest via software, and point to the installed version of the DLL, like this:

Assembly>C:\GS\Debug\GSRevItPlugin.dll</Assembly>

But, RevIt continues to run the development version of the DLL, not the production version. The manifest is located at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2014, and I know that RevIt is using the manifest, because if I remove the file the addin is no longer available in RevIt. I've tried everything I can think of to re-point the sfotware to the correct location, with no success. If anyone out there can help me figure out why RevIt won't access the DLL listed in the manifest, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!

Scott Szakonyi

Research Programer, University of Notre Dame

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ollikat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

So you are saying that if you remove the dll from the "C:\Users\ScottS\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\GSRevItPlugin\GSRevItPlugin\bin\Debug" while your add-in file points to C:\GS\Debug\GSRevItPlugin.dll, your add-in doens't get loaded?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ollikat

@ollikat wrote:
Hi

So you are saying that if you remove the dll from the "C:\Users\ScottS\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\GSRevItPlugin\GSRevItPlugin\bin\Debug" while your add-in file points to C:\GS\Debug\GSRevItPlugin.dll, your add-in doens't get loaded?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I get a message from RevIt telling me that the addin isn't available and that I should contact the provider of the plugin.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ollikat

Well, I don't know what happened exactly, but I was using the manual addin control to directly add the .dll in place, which didn't work, so I removed it through the manual interface, and then my plugin started working correctly. There has to be some reference which RevIt was retaining that was reset by the manual add/remove cycle. I suspect this won't be a problem on a clean machine, where there are no prior references. Thanks to all for their assistance and attention. Happy Holidays!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community