Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2012 - The Document is not Modifiable

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
448 Views, 1 Reply

Revit Architecture 2012 - The Document is not Modifiable

Hi There,

I created an addin for Revit 2012 to read an input log file, extract name, location and timestamp data line by line from the file and show them as dots or trace for a user-determined object in the BIM.

But whatever rvt project I open for this purpose, I'm not able to get location traces on it, as I recieve "the document is not modifiable error" when I press the button for drawing dot or trace.

I tried using Autodesk.Revit.Application (and corresponding Document), and UIApplication (and the corresponding UIDocument) in another version, but neither was successful.

I found some exception thrown while debugging which talks about FamilyCreate and MAnager! please find the screenshot attached..

I'm totally new to Revit and programming.

Please let me know if any further information is required to investigate the issue.

I greately appreciate your help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
saikat
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Mahsa for sample via email.

As it turned out after investigation that the transactions were not being handled in the code. This seems to have fixed the error that was being thrown - like I have mentioned in my email to you.

Hope this helped.

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community