Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 duplicate parameters

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
733 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2015 duplicate parameters

Hello,

Can anyone explain why in Revit 2015 a parameter multiplies? This only occurs in Revit 2015.

See below when I snoop parameters on a sheet, the Sheet Number is listed 3 times, and some instances of that parameter are empty, which is very painfull.

Is this a bug or a very unhelpful design feature?

Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
R.van.den.Bor
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, same here. Areas for instance in Revit 2015 have 12 parameters more then in 2014. Some of which are duplicates and are empty. Don't know what the purpose is, but it sure made me double check parameters values before doing something with them 🙂
Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).
Message 3 of 7
chris
in reply to: R.van.den.Bor

Installed UR4 hoping to see a fix, but no...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chris

Hello Autodesk, do you have a resolution or explanation for this phenomena?

Message 5 of 7
Aaron.Lu
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear chris mckeown,

This is the expected behavior, in Revit 2015, Element.Parameters will return all the parameters the element has, including UI-invisible ones.

and Element.GetOrderedParameters() method will return UI-visible parameters, same as Element.Parameters in Revit 2014 and former version, besides these parameters are ordered with group.

Thanks

Aaron Lu
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 6 of 7
chris
in reply to: Aaron.Lu

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the reply.

I know this will be documented in the help section under new features, but can I ask why the Element.Parameters wasn't let as it was in Revit 2014 (UI-visible parameters) and the new method Element.GetOrderedParameters() included UI-invisible parameters???

It is frustrating the as a developers that I have had to change all my code, when on the surface that could have been avoided...

Message 7 of 7
Aaron.Lu
in reply to: chris

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your feedback, I apologize for the confusion.

As Revit has already been shipped, it might not be situable to change the design again.

But I will let developement team know about your concern, we will definitely think twice about this kind of change in the future.

Aaron Lu
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community