Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Add-In Manager installation problems

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
bcampbell11
15286 Views, 33 Replies

Revit 2015 Add-In Manager installation problems

Are there extra steps to getting the Revit 2015 Add-in manager to install into Revit?  I have installed the Revit 2015 SDK a couple of times and there is no install file in the Add-In Manager folder like previous versions.  Any help would be apprecieated.

Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34
bcampbell11
in reply to: bcampbell11

They have emailed me about a Change Request Number with the developement team as it "requires a modification to our software".  So at this point, I am hoping it is just fixed for Revit 2016.  So for Revit 2015, I install the add-ins in Revit 2014, then just copy them to the Revit 2015 folder.  This seems to be a decent workaround.

Thanks

Message 22 of 34
bthatcher

Bump

Has there been any update on this? Or an alternative solution? Thanks.

Message 23 of 34

HI Everyone:

I was met this problem when I update to the "Addin-manager"in  Revit 2015 sdk package.

But I have solve the problem.and I will show it below.

Step 1: Download  lastest version of Addin-Manager.

Step 2: copy two ".addin" files & one AddInManager.dll to the address in the Attachments.(It may have some changes in your pc).

Restart Revit2015.It will appear and work.

PS: Do not modified .addin files .U don't need to change it.

I find the reason why It doesn't appear in the external toolbar maybe is we separeat the .dll file and .addin file ,In the previous version of Revit.

We should put them to different folds.But may be It changed in Revit 2015.

Who also have problem ,you can Email to me .We can talk over it .  448534841@qq.com.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
Message 24 of 34
spahlevan

bcampbell, you said: "After pointing the .addin file to the correct location".

Can you please explain how you point an (.addin) file?

Thanks,

Message 25 of 34
bcampbell11
in reply to: spahlevan

This is not a solution, but if you want to try here is how I did it.  Remember, it doesn't fix anything.

After installing the Revit 2015 SDK, go to the Autodesk.AddInManager.addin file and open with Notepad.exe.  then change the lines with the following location:

<Assembly>C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Add-In Manager for Autodesk Revit 2014\AddInManager.dll</Assembly>       

to the following :

<Assembly>C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Add-In Manager for Autodesk Revit 2015\AddInManager.dll</Assembly>

This should allow the addin to run with 2015.   But the 2015 SDK you are pointing to is programed wrong so it will seem to run correctly.   But it puts the add-in into Revit 2014.  They just shiped the same program and slapped 2015 on it.

SOLUTION??----->>>:

The best thing I came up with was to go ahead and run the add-in in 2014, then copy the files from this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2014

to this one:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2015

Although "ghetto", it does seem to work for us.

Message 26 of 34
sblazic

this did not solve the problem for me (revit 2016 and 2016 sdk) 

Message 27 of 34
stever66
in reply to: sblazic

I just recently installed the AddInManager on Revit 2016, and it seems to work.

I believe I used the R2 SDK (updated Oct. 2015) from here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=2484975

I posted installation instructions here:

https://sites.google.com/site/revitapi123/

The only real trick I found was in the .addin files, I had to change "[TARGETDIR]" to the actual directory of the .dll files.  

Its probably not the best programming practice, but I just dropped all the AddIn Manager files into the Revit addins directory (dll's and all), and pointed everything to that directory.

Message 28 of 34
arch_m_ahmed

Hello 

Did you find a solution ??

Message 29 of 34
arch_m_ahmed

Did you find a solution ?
Message 30 of 34

i've done that and Add-in manager still not appearing in the external tools ?
Message 31 of 34
YIN11
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

STILL NOT WORKING

Message 32 of 34
carlos
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

HI Augusto

I have hard time to find how to install add-in IFC IN REVIT, i have a file created on Archicad, and I downloaded already from autodesk

this AutodeskIFCforRevit2017.msi, I installed But I can see it on my ADD-INS MENU ON MY REVIT

can you help me...

Message 33 of 34
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: carlos

Carlos, I don't believe is the same issue discussed here... you should contact the support regarding AutodeskIFCForRevit2017
Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 34 of 34
Revitalizer
in reply to: carlos

Hi,

I think IFC Exporter does not add any new GUI element, it replaces just the existing built-in IFC Export function.

So, to use the app, just export IFC as usual, via the menu that appears if you press the big "R".

Revitalizer

Rudolf Honke
Software Developer
Mensch und Maschine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community