Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Crashes at Save

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
angela
275 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014 Crashes at Save

Has anyone experienced problems with Revit 2014 crashing during Save, Save As, Save to Central, or Relinquish Elements commands? 

I keep fatal erroring and none of my work is being saved either locally or to central. All other commands seem to be working fine.

My Revit instance on in my laptop has this problem, but not my desktop. I thought it was an issue with accounts, but I am now signed in to both instances with Autodesk 360 and it continues to happen only on my laptop (so far).

Can anyone suggest a fix? I am considering an uninstall - reinstall, but wanted to see any other options first.

Thanks!

Angela.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Revitalizer
in reply to: angela

Dear angela,

may it be that your add-in interferes with other installed ones ?

Since the same code functions on the one computer but crashes on the other one, this could be the case.

Perhaps you have visited the Autodesk App Store and downloaded a new app...?

I would suggest to check this by renaming the other "*.addin" files to "*.addin_" or so to omit them when starting Revit.

Make sure that you do not forget any of the Addin files, there are several folders in which they could be stored (for alle users, for a single user).

Best regards,

Revitalizer

Rudolf Honke
Software Developer
Mensch und Maschine

Message 3 of 3
R.van.den.Bor
in reply to: angela

I would suggest turning of hardware acceleration in the options. I have encountered this problem with some customers and turning of this option did the trick. Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community