Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2012 Add-In Load Failure

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FamhairCloiche
2010 Views, 5 Replies

REVIT 2012 Add-In Load Failure

Interesting problem.

I have an External Application that my guys are unzipping onto their local stations from our server, and it's worked beautifully on 6 out of 7 machines across two operating systems; Windows Vista and 7.  I know the .addin and .dll files are "unlocked".  The one machine that's giving us the problem is the only laptop in the group, and it's the only one with an SSD.

Here's what happened and what I've tried:
The .addin fails to load on start-up and I get a System.IO failure.  (Do SSD laptops have that namespace available? <--- just popped in my head)
Anyway, I think that maybe we hit the lottery and have a GUID conflict so we generate a new one; same result.
I think maybe I need to load it with the Add In Manager so we download and install that and delete the "bad" .addin file.  Here's where it gets weird.  On start up there's no exception that the old .addin failed to load (since we deleted it) and the Add In Manager comes in beautifully.  When we try to generate the manifest through the Add In Manager, the .dll fails to load, and I know it's "unblocked".

All of my applications are written and compiled in .Net 4.0 framework.

Suggestions?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

7 out of 8 now and the 7th was a laptop with a conventional hard drive.  Is there an issue with Solid State Drives?

Message 3 of 6
Joe.Ye
in reply to: FamhairCloiche

I haven't received such report. Probably very few people is using SSD now.

Since it shows error of IO, I will have the engineering team notice this issue.

Joe Ye
Contractor
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 4 of 6
Joe.Ye

Hi There,

Can you give more about the error message of the file IO failure? 

To investigate the issue, we need the journal file Revit generated for the starting of the Revit.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks.

Joe Ye
Contractor
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 5 of 6

I have been searching for a resolution to this problem too.

I am building a new HP877W Elitebook with a SSD main drive.

Installing any Autodesk subscription or purchased plugins give the same result.

The .addin files are being converted to binary and hence not working.

I thought at first Visual Studio 2012 Express was causing it so I uninstalled that but to no avail.

I have already re-installed RAC 2012 3 times and the licensing people must be starting to wonder what I am doing.

I can't copy it to send either has it has permissions on it that prevent copying.

Message 6 of 6
skeletank

I have been having this same issue with the 2014 version of the Add-In Manager. It has only started since I changed my primary hard drive to an SSD (Solid State Drive). This is a major issue for me because I work with very large Revit models and having to re-open them every time that I need to make a code change during development drastically increases development time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community