Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Origin to Center

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sanjaymann
314 Views, 3 Replies

Origin to Center

Dear Forum Members,

Say for example I have a unit -2378,1234 in origin to origin how do i convert these unit for center to center purpose or I have a unit -2378,1234 in center to center  how do i convert these unit for origin to origin  purpose.

Thanks & Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sanjaymann
in reply to: sanjaymann

Hope I have not asked for anything unachievable.

Message 3 of 4
sanjaymann

Again rephrasing the question in the hope of getting some reply.

I have two x,y in millemeters:

-1833709.80286033,-577277.227451012

-1849457.51109224,-571583.279971418

Now I insert the cad using origin to origin method and via api draw the pipe using the above x,y positions. The Pipe draws fine.

Now  I insert the cad using center to center method and via api draw the pipe using the above x,y positions. The Pipe draws but very far from the cad drawing.

For this purpose I need to have the formula/algorithm/help/direction  to convert the units from center to center  TO origin to origin.

Thanks & Regards

Message 4 of 4
Scott_Wilson

When you place using ImportPlacement.Centered are you also setting a reference point? If you use ImportPlacement.Centered without setting the reference point, you are actually geting centre to origin, not center to center. You need to set a point that represents the Revit document's center if you want center to center.

Or am I misunderstanding and you are placing the DWG imports manually using the UI and then only using API for the pipe placement?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community