Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple Revit plugins

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
855 Views, 2 Replies

multiple Revit plugins

I have created 3 Revit plugins for Revit 2013,2014 and 2015 and successfully installed all of them by setting the RemovePreviousVersion property to "False" and DetectNewerInstalledVersions to "False".

For eg. Revit 2013 plugin version 3.0.1, Revit 2014 plugin version 4.0.1 and Revit 2015 plugin version 5.0.1.

Now i made certain changes to all the plugins and created them again with different version number and installed. but the problem is system is still keeping the older versions. the new versions are 

For eg. Revit 2013 plugin version 3.0.2, Revit 2014 plugin version 4.0.2 and Revit 2015 plugin version 5.0.2.

I am using windows installer and tried changing the AssemblyVersion in c# code but still not getting.

I cannot change the RemovePreviousVersion and DetectNewerInstalledVersions to True as i need all the versions for Revit 2013/2014/2015 to work.

Is there any way i can keep three version for three revit architecture with updated version of plugins.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Dorathijf,

Yes, that is no problem at all.

I am afraid I will have to answer your question without any idea whatsoever what RemovePreviousVersion and DetectNewerInstalledVersions may be referring to or mean.

As far as I know, whatever they are, they are of no relevance whatsoever to Revit add-ins.

All that matters for a Revit add-in is the add-in manifest with the filename extension *.addin.

There are separate locations for those to be read by Revit.exe for each of the versions you mention, e.g. I see

• C:\Users\tammikj\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2015

and 

• C:\Users\tammikj\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2014

on my system.

Those are the locations for the user-specific add-in settings. 

There are other locations for sharing with all users.

Similar separate locations are defined for Revit 2013 as well.

They are all documented in the Revit API getting started material:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/about-the-author.html#2

Specifically, in the developer guide section on add-in registration:

> Developers
  > Revit API Developers Guide
    > Introduction
      > Getting Started
        > Add-In Integration
          > Add-in Registration

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-4FFDB03E-6936-417C-9772-8FC258A261F7

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jeremytammik

Thank you for your reply. I worked it out somehow and now i can run all the three add-in at that same time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community