Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move wall attached elements

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
962 Views, 3 Replies

Move wall attached elements

Does anyone have any insight into moving wall attached elements using the API?  I can see how it should be possible to slide elements along a planar wall face by getting the locations of two points projected on to the face, but can't figure out how to be sure which face is the host face from the wall element.  

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think my question wasn't specific enough.  I am looking for a way to slide wall attached elements along a wall, and currently my thought is to get two points on the wall face and use those to slide the element parallel to the wall, but I am not sure that is the best way to do it.  Also, I am stuck at the step where I need to find the face of the wall that the element is attached to. 

I can get the wall geometry and check for the face that includes a point with PlanarFace.IsInside, but that is looking for a UV point, where all of my object points are XYZ and I'm not finding a way to convert between them.  Because of this, I can't find the face of the wall that hosts my object.

If anyone knows how to:

a. Move a wall attached object along it's host wall/face

b. Find the face of an object that is hosting a wall attached element

Please let me know!

Message 3 of 4
Revitalizer

Hi leslief,

you need FamilyInstance.HostFace.

See more here:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/10/beam-bottom-endpoint.html

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Revitalizer

Rudolf Honke
Software Developer
Mensch und Maschine

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I ended up solving the issue in a different way & did a write-up on it.  Hopefully someone else can benefit:

http://revitology.wordpress.com/2013/02/13/on-moving-wall-hosted-objects/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community