Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a model curve a reference line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
GeomGym
624 Views, 4 Replies

Make a model curve a reference line

If I create a model curve in a massing family document, can I make it a reference line?  There is a readonly property for extracting current state.  There is also a builtin parameter that looked likely but this didn't seem to work.

This curve is used downstream as a profile for a loft.

Thanks,

Jon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
R.van.den.Bor
in reply to: GeomGym

If I am not mistaking, you can't do this by hand either, so I don't think with the pai you can.
Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).
Message 3 of 5
Revitalizer

Hi GeomGym,

there is a method ModelCurve.ChangeToReferenceLine(), does this fit your needings ?

I don't know whether it will function in (Massing) Family context, but the RevitAPI.chm does not mention such a restriction.

Best regards,

Revitalizer

Rudolf Honke
Software Developer
Mensch und Maschine

Message 4 of 5
GeomGym
in reply to: Revitalizer

Hi Revitalizer,

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted, my search hadn't unearthered that method.

Remy, at least in the massing environment, you can select a curve and it has an instance parameter that can convert it to a reference curve.

Cheers,

Jon

Message 5 of 5
R.van.den.Bor

okay, good to read you solved your problem 🙂
Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community